Beet Red Tattoos - Valentine's Day
This activity can be done with any age group. Remember BEET JUICE STAINS.
What you need
- Beet (raw) 1 for ever two children
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting board
- Pparing knife
- Heart shaped cookie cutter (metal works best)
Adults only please (children will enjoy watching. Talk about what you are doing and why- this is a good time to talk about knife safety)
- Cut the beet in half
- Use cookie cutter to make a heart shape in each half of beet. Using paring knife to trim excess beet away from heart design.
- Children's turn for fun -- Give each child a sheet of paper to stamp with the beet. Remember to protect your work surface from the beet juice. Paint shirts or old clothing is recommended.
- Once children are done stamping with their beets, give them each a "tattoo" with the beet on their arms or hands.